These illustrated guided notes are filled with helpful illustrations and places for students to doodle as they learn about biology! These notes can be organized into packets for students so that they have a set for each week or unit. I found in my own classroom that having “packets” of notes was the most helpful thing I could do to really help my students learn.
These note pages were designed with an interactive class discussion in mind. I recommend that teachers have their own doodle diagram page projected on the white board, and they can fill it in with their students, using some sort of projector like an ELMO projector. Students benefit a lot from seeing what the teacher would write down from the discussion.
Google Slides versions of the notes are now included! Students and teachers can "write" on them using Kami/Google Slides! Terrific for Distance Learning because teachers can write on them with the app Kami while showing their screen. They are also short and to-the-point, a fast way to get material across in a short amount of time. They also have terrific on-page diagrams to help students understanding complex concepts.)
Check out our Biology Interactive Diagrams! These click-and-learn diagrams are designed to directly complement the Doodle Diagram Notes. You can purchase these interactive click-and-learn diagrams along with the doodle diagram notes for a year by going to the bundle here.
1. Characteristics of Life (2 student pages - FREE sample – check it out here, now includes fill-in-blank version.)
2. Organization of Life (2 student pages, now includes Fill in the blank)
3. Classification of Life (2 student pages, now includes Fill in the blank)
4. International System of Units and Metric Conversions (2 student pages, now includes Fill in the blank)
5. Measurement Tools and Lab Equipment (2 student pages)
6. Scientific Method and Experiment Design (2 student pages)
(Bonus Lab Safety just added! Now includes fill-in-blank version.)
1. Chemistry for Bio (2 student pages)
2. Properties of Water (2 student pages)
3. Organic Molecules and Functional Groups (2 student pages)
4. Carbohydrates (2 student pages)
5. Lipids (2 student pages)
6. Proteins (3 student pages)
7. Nucleic Acids (3 student pages)
8. Viruses and Prions (2 student pages)
1. Introduction to Bacteria (3 pages, Will include a page on the Human Microbiome!)
2. Double Membraned Organelles: Nucleus, Chloroplast, and Mitochondria (3 pages)
3. Endomembrane System (2 pages)
4. Animal vs Plant Cells (2 pages)
5. The Cell Membrane (2 pages)
1. Diffusion (2 student pages)
2. Osmosis (2 student pages)
3. Facilitated Diffusion (2 student pages)
4. Active Transport (2 student pages)
5. Endocytosis/Exocytosis (2 student pages)
1. Organisms and Energy (Autotrophs and Heterotrophs) (2 student pages)
2. Enzymes and Enzyme Regulation (2 student pages)
3. ATP, Electron Transport, and ATP Synthase (3 student pages)
4. Photosynthesis and Respiration Overviews (2 student pages)
5. Glycolysis (3 student pages)
6. Krebs/Citric Acid Cycle (3 student pages - option with and without oxygen shown)
7. Oxidative Phosphorylation (2 student pages)
8. Fermentation (free sample!)
9. Light Dependent Reactions (4 student pages)
10. Calvin Cycle, Leaf Structure, and Photorespiration (4 student pages)
1. Chromosomes and Chromosome Structure (3 student pages)
2. Binary Fission and the Cell Cycles for Animals and Plants (5 student pages)
3. Ploidy, Karyotypes, and Chromosomal Abnormalities (4 student pages)
4. Meiosis (3 student pages)
5. Genetic Diversity: Independent Assortment, Crossing Over, and Nondisjunction (3 student pages)
6. Gametes and Fertilization: Spermatogenesis, Oogenesis, and Fertilization (3 student pages)
7. Mitotic Extensions: Early Embryonic Development, Stem Cells and Differentiation, Cell Cycle Checkpoints, and Cancer (4 student pages)
1. History of DNA Discoveries (4 student pages)
2. DNA Replication (3 student pages)
3. Transcription and mRNA Processing (3 student pages)
4. Translation (3 student pages)
5. Mutations (3 student pages)
1. Alleles (1 student page)
2. Introduction to Mendel (Important note: this only deals with the Law of Segregation and Law of Dominance; the Law of Independent Assortment will be covered in the Dihybrid set) (3 student pages)
3. Introduction to Punnett Squares (3 student pages)
4. Incomplete and Codominance (3 student pages)
5. X-Linked Inheritance (2 student pages)
6. Sex Determination in Humans and other Organisms (2 student pages)
7. Lethal Alleles (sample freebie!)
8. Dihybrid Crosses and Linked/Unlinked Genes
10. Polygenic Inheritance/Epistasis
1. Population Genetics and Fitness (3 student pages)
2. Mechanisms of Evolutionary Change Chart (1 student page, Freebie)
3. Genetic Drift and Nonrandom Mating (3 student pages)
4. Mutation, Gene Flow, and Natural Selection (3 student pages)
5. Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium (4 student pages)
6. Lamarck, Darwin, and Evidence Chart (3 student pages)
7. Selection Types, Antibiotic Resistance, and Sexual Selection (3 student pages)
8. Adaptation and Comparative Anatomy (3 student pages)
9. Comparative Genomics (3 student pages)
10. Fossil Record and Geologic Time (3 student pages)
11. Biogeography and Supercontinents (2 student pages)
12. Speciation (3 student pages)
1. Food Chains, Food Webs, and Ecological Pyramids (3 student pages)
2. Habitats, Niches, and Carrying Capacity (4 student pages)
3. Community Relationships: Predation, Mutualism, and Mimicry (3 student pages)
4. Community Relationships: Commensalism, Parasitism, and Competition (3 student pages)
5. Biomes (2 student pages, free)
6. Water Cycle and Human Impact on the Water Cycle (2 student pages)
7. Nitrogen Cycle and Human Impact on the Nitrogen Cycle (2 student pages)
8. Carbon Cycle and Human Impact on the Carbon Cycle (2 student pages)
9. Succession and Human Impact on Ecosystems (3 student pages)
1. Gel Electrophoresis (2 student pages)
2. PCR (3 student pages)
3. Restriction Enzymes, DNA Fingerprinting, and Paternity Testing (3 student pages)
4. Sequencing, Human Genome Project, and Cloning (3 student pages)
5. Genetic Engineering & Applications, Gene Therapy, and CRISPR Gene Editing (4 student pages)
6. Pipetting Technique (1 student page)
Would you like homework pages to help your students review what they've learned in class?
Check out my Biology Homework Pages here.
For those of you interested in human body systems and other topics in biology, I may create a different set of those in the future. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us on the question and answer section of my store and we will get back to you quickly!
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your .
* place this file on your (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc) AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
You are not allowed to distribute this digital resource to other teachers or post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view. If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
Files are partially or fully non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
© Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.