This is a zip file containing 19 weeks of lesson plans for a Semester One Biology Course. These are lesson plans only. This document does not contain activities, worksheets, or any other instructional materials. I do have several instructional items available for purchase separately on www.teacherspayteachers.com.
These are lesson plans written by a 9 year Biology teacher who is current in Differentiated Instruction, Essential Elements of Instruction, and with a Master's Degree in Quality Teaching Strategies. Most lessons taught are well thought out and refined over my 9 years of teaching and include pedagogy from best practice research. However, lessons are not scripted out and leave plenty of room for further teacher creativity and depth of content.
Anatomy of Lesson Plans:
1. Lesson Plans are written in word documents one week at a time.
2. Each Week contains a general Heading to summarize the main idea for the week.
3. Ohio State Standards/Indicators are posted for the week's instructional objectives
4. Shorthand is used for the 4 basic requirements of my district for a lesson plan in the following manner:
a. OBJ- Objective
b. ACT- Activities (includes BW: bell work, class agenda, EW: exit work)
c. RES- Resources Needed
d. EVAL- evaluation
Semester One Lessons by Week:
1.Introduction, State Standards, Safety 2.Characteristics of Life/ Scientific Method3.Scientific Method/Graphing/Ethics in Science
5.Chemistry Review continued
7.Introduction to the Microscope
8.Cells (Cell Theory, Parts of the Cell)
9.Cells continued and Mid-Term Review
10. Cellular Transport of Molecules
11. Cell Division (Cell cycle, mitosis)
12. Cell Division Meiosis
13. Cellular Energy
14. Cell Energy con't
16. Protein Synthesis
17. Protein Synthesis and Biotech
19. Review and Exams