This is a zip file containing 19 weeks of Biology Lesson Plans for 2nd Semester (see topics below). First of all, these are lesson plans only, this document does not contain activities, worksheets, or any other instructional materials. I do have several instructional items available for purchase separately on www.teacherspayteachers.com.
These are lesson plans written by a 9 year Biology teacher who is current in Differentiated Instruction, Essential Elements of Instruction, and with a Master's Degree in Quality Teaching Strategies. Most lessons taught are well thought out and refined over my 9 years of teaching and include pedagogy from best practice research. However, lessons are not scripted out and leave plenty of room for further teacher creativity and depth of content.
Anatomy of Lesson Plans:
1. Lesson Plans are written in word documents one week at a time.
2. Each Week contains a general Heading to summarize the main idea for the week.
3. Ohio State Standards/Indicators are posted for the week's instructional objectives
4. Shorthand is used for the 4 basic requirements of my district for a lesson plan in the following manner:
a. OBJ- Objective
b. ACT- Activities (includes BW: bell work, class agenda, EW: exit work)
c. RES- Resources Needed
d. EVAL- evaluation
Semester TWO Lessons by Week:
1. Mendelian Genetics
2. Genetics/ Theory of Evolution
3. Evolution/ Geologic Time Scale
5. Ecology con't
6. Taxonomy (Classification)
7. State Testing Review Week
8. State Testing Week
10. Microbiology Continued
15. Plants/ Animal Kingdom
16. Invertebrate Animals
17. Vertebrates/ Frog Dissection
18. Exam Review Week/Exams