A power point presentation containing 38 slides filled with relevant visuals and animations with regards to cancer.
- what is the normal life cycle for cells (ie. cell clock, cell regulation and cell death)
- differences between normal cells vs. cancerous cells (in terms of cell division, cell communication and metastasis)
- differences between benign and malignant tumours
- what factors contribute to cancer (ie. cell mutations, carcinogens, hereditory factors)
- evidence of strong correlation between smoking and lung cancers are also included to discourage smoking among young adults.
- screening techniques used for early detection (ie. pap tests, self-examinations for breast, testicular and skin cancer, psa test, fetal occult blood test)
- different diagnostic tools used to detect cancer (ie. endoscopy, colonoscopy, x-rays, ultrasound, CAT scan, MRI,biopsy)
- available treatments for cancer (ie. surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, biophotonics)
A great consolidation group activity in which students will be investigating the presence and effects of cancers in our society can be downloaded from my TPT store for FREE.
Grade levels: modifiable for grade 7 - 12
Lesson duration (including group project activity): 1 to 2 weeks
Tags: SNC2D, SNC2P, SBI
BONUS: After you rate the product, please email me at email@example.com and I will email you FREE student worksheets for this topic.
All Kinds of Learners