This is a great way to introduce students to the digestive systems. Suitable for grade 9 - 11.
This powerpoint presentation contains 35 slides and over 40 relevant visuals on the Digestive Systems.
Topics included in this powerpoint are:
* The digestive process: why we must digest, chemical vs. mechanical digestion, types of teeth, function and location, salivary glands
* The pathway of digestion, starting from the mouth cavity, passing through pharynx, esophagus, epiglottis, larynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum and anus
* Other organs involved in digestions are also discussed, ie. liver and pancreas,
* Link to an online video showing the pathway of digestion and the organs involved - a great way to recap the materials. (Internet connection is required)
* Disorders of the digestive systems: cirrhosis, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis, and diabetes
* For each disorder, the causes, symptoms, detection methods and treatments are discussed.
Grade level: 9 - 11.
Tags: SNC2D, SNC2P
BONUS: Download the FREE "Interactive Review for Digestive System - with instant feedback". Post it on your class website so students can review the materials on their own.
All Kinds of Learners