Biomass and Fossil Fuels Lesson - Google Slides and Distance Learning Ready
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This package includes the complete lesson set for an Ecology Unit on Sustainable Ecosystems. 5 weeks of teaching material includes assignments, worksheets, boom cards, exit tickets, Bill Nye video worksheets, unit tests, and a lab. Save 75% compared with purchasing each item within the bundle separaPrice $35.97Original Price $60.61Save $24.64
- Nonrenewable Energy Sources - A 5E Lesson Bundle for elementary, middle, and high school students. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resourcePrice $18.20Original Price $27.94Save $9.74
- This science package includes lessons and activities for SC.7-4. Ecology: The Biotic and Abiotic Environment. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use in my own classroom. SC.7-4. Ecology: The Biotic and Abiotic Environment: The student will demonstrate an understandingPrice $58.50Original Price $112.41Save $53.91
- Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-ESS2 curriculum (ESS3-1, ESS3-2, ESS3-3, ESS3-4, ESS3-5). The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. Your purchase also iPrice $67.97Original Price $133.19Save $65.22
- This Middle School Earth and Space Science Complete Bundle includes all the resources you need to teach Middle School Earth and Space science according to the NGSS. Your Bundle IncludesMS-ESS1: Earth’s Place in the UniverseMS-ESS2: Earth’s SystemsMS-ESS3: Earth and Human ActivityYour purchase also iPrice $133.47Original Price $266.09Save $132.62
Biomass, Fossil Fuels, and Acid Precipitation. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions), a student lesson handout as a document, and a 4-question Exit Ticket to assess student understanding. The resource is fun and applicable with a video embedded into the presentation.
Google Classroom and Exit Ticket
- This resource is perfect for in-class or distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. Included is a link that with one click, will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
- On the last Google Slide is a link to a four-question Exit Ticket that you can give as homework or to conclude your lesson in class.
- This lesson includes both Google and Office versions for ALL resources. The presentation is in Google Slides and PowerPoint while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It also allows you, as well as your students, to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
**Plus: Included with your purchase is a complimentary bonus activity which will extend your students learning and understanding**
- "Excellent Lesson, it's exactly what I was looking for! I absolutely love the Exit Ticket and the bonus resources. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"
- "awesome resources"
- "Very Helpful"
- "Fantastic Resource"
Included in the Lesson Package is:
- Office and Google versions of the resource files
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- A video embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
- 4-question Exit Ticket
In Order, the Lesson Covers:
- What is Biomass?
- Biomass to Fossil Fuels
- Burning Fossil Fuels and the Greenhouse effect
- Fuel from Biomass
- Acid Precipitation and pH
Digital and Distance Learning:
This lesson is fully digital which makes it perfect for the classroom, distance learning, or as a sub-plan if needed. With a single click, the entire package will be imported into your Google Drive and will be ready to assign to your students or present in class. You can also place a copy of the resources directly into student Google Drive accounts for easy access.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
The student version of the lesson contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
**Please note that the ENTIRE UNIT can be purchased for a steep discount by clicking here!
The Individual Ecology Lessons can be Found Below:
Lesson 1 - The Spheres of the Earth
Lesson 3 - Energy Flow In Ecosystems
Lesson 4 - Cycling of Matter In Ecosystems
Lesson 5 - Population Influences within Ecosystems
Lesson 6 - Ecological Succession
Lesson 7 - Biomass and Fossil Fuels
Lesson 8 - The Importance of Biodiversity
You might also be interested in these assignments which can be found within the unit:
- Ecosystems Lab Experiment: Ecobottles Lab
- Water and Carbon Cycle Diagram Activity
- Human Impact on Ecosystems Assignment
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my lesson is structured, and evaluate my work.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.