This set of Biome or Ecosystem Research Brochures is ideal for independent student research. Designed as a 2-sided brochure, the end product will be focused, organized, attractive and each will be unique! Brochures include open-ended response areas, illustration boxes, a map to label biome location, graphs for recording key information and space for students to cite sources – plus, there are areas promoting creativity and higher-level thinking.
* 19 Biome-specific brochures – see list below!
* Kid-friendly Google Search Term card will help students do internet research more independently.
* Biome Research List – an area for students to sign up and for you to keep track of who is reaching w!hat
* Biome Evaluation Rubric – allows students to see expectations and facilitates easy scoring.
Students choose a biome. You print the biome-specific brochure – and the research begins!
Biomes currently included (listed in alphabetical order):
Boreal Forest, Chaparral, Coniferous Forest, Deciduous Forest, Desert, Estuary, Intertidal Zone, Grassland, Ocean, Outback, Pampas, Prairie, Savanna, Shrubland, Steppe, Taiga, Temperate Rainforest, Tropical Rainforest, Tundra
I recognize this is not an exhaustive list. While there is a blank brochure so students can customize their own, I'm happy to add to this collection! Need a different biome? Leave a note in my Q and A. I’ll add it to meet your needs. Positive feedback is so appreciated!
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
You may also be interested in :
Pioneer Oregon Trail Enrichment BUNDLE – 4 great products bundled to save you $$$
Research Project Rubrics for Group Presentations
Research Project Rubrics for Individual Presentations
Mother’s Day Poster Set – Interactive! Create memories!
70 Reward Coupons for Big Kids - Classroom Tested
10 PERSUASIVE Paragraph Prompts: Ideal for testing taking and paragraph writing practice
Large Scale Timeline with cut-and-paste option.
The Pet Project – A mini economics simulation for second-fifth grade
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.