Biomes Mini Unit
This is a mini activity package to help cover biomes in grades 7-12. The following is included:
1. Biomes of the World Presentation
- 34 slides (+4 video slides). Student notes included!
2. Accompanying Student Notes to #1.
3. Biome Mapping Across North America
- 4 page activity in which students fill in a chart, color and label a map of North American biomes (Greenland, Canada, U.S., Mexico Nicaragua, Honduras) and answer 10 questions.
4. World Biomes Crossword Puzzle
- 19 terms that reflect all biomes.
5. Brochure Rubric "You've Just Won a Vacation!"
- a one page rubric to help guide students to an awesome brochure for the biome of their choice. This is pulled from the Ecology Interactive Notebook
6. Biome File Book
- 4 sheets in which students draw and fill out information about 4 biomes of their choice to create a mini file book. This can be adhered to an interactive notebook or done as an independent project- pulled from the Ecology Interactive Notebook
PDF and PPT's. Answer Keys included.
You may also be interested in:
✽✽ Ecology Notes
1 power point divided into 5 sections)
covers the following:
-Introduction to Ecology (basic vocabulary and succession)
-Energy Flow in Ecosystems (primary productivity, trophic levels, producers/consumers, energy pyramids, biomass)
- Population Growth (dispersion, density, exponential vs. logistic growth, determining growth rate, density-independent vs. density dependent factors, r-strategists vs. K-strategists).
- Biogeochemical Cycles: Water, Carbon, Nitrogen
-Communities: Niche- fundamental vs. realized, invasive species, symbiosis + coevolution.
✽✽ Practice Sheets (Classwork and Homework) include: ✽✽
-What is an Ecosystem?
-Primary Succession Cut-n-Paste Timeline
-Ecological Succession of a Pond
-Energy Flow in Ecosystems
-Food Web Visual Vibes
-Population Growth and Data
-Predation or Starvation?
Drawing Biogeochemical Cycles
Biogeochemical Cycles and You
✽✽ Interactive Notebook Activities
There are 15+ activities to choose from- designed for INBs or can be used as independent projects.
✽✽ Ecology Web Quests ✽✽
4 Web Quests
(Food Web Web Quest; Human Population Growth
; What's in a Niche; Invasive Species)
Study Guides (2)
Jeopardy Review Game
2016 Vanessa Jason Biology Roots
For single classroom only; not to be shared publicly (do not create publicly accessible links).
Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or district is prohibited. Failure to comply is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
☆☆Follow me on☆☆