This complete project-based unit includes everything you need to teach the following concepts:
• Animal adaptations (structural and behavioural)
• How animals sense and respond to their environment
This forty-four page document includes:
• 8 pages of informational text with eighteen beautiful colour images
• 2 pages of comprehension questions
• 3 research prompts
• 1 group project (Science & Art)
• 1 individual project (Science & Art)
• 1 research project (Science) that can be done independently or in a group
• 3 rubrics (5 versions to choose from depending on your needs)
These engaging texts provide lots of interesting animal anecdotes to get students excited about science! Every page includes gorgeous colour photos that print well in colour or black and white. Each concept adds onto previous learning as students work toward completing a cross-curricular final project as a group that includes the smaller project they will complete on their own. The research prompts encourage students to pursue areas of interest and the projects are open-ended so students are free to represent their learning the way they feel is best.
Download the preview for a closer look and to see the complete Table of Contents.
Created to align with British Columbia's Grade 4 Science curriculum.
This unit generally takes my students about seven to ten sessions from start to finish.
Looking for other intermediate Science resources? Check out my Dissolution Experiments Set
for some tasty science experiments or my Simple Machines Assessment Duo
for a design challenge and unit test!