This complete project-based unit includes everything you need to teach biomes, animal adaptations, and how animals sense and respond to their environments.
The following topics are included:
- Structural adaptations
- Behavioral adaptations
- Echolocation and whale songs
- Animal camouflage
This fifty-five page document includes:
• 16 pages of informational text with eighteen beautiful colour images
• 5 pages of comprehension questions
• 3 research prompts
• 1 group project (Science & Art)
• 1 individual project (Science & Art)
• 1 research project (Science) that can be done independently or in a group
• 3 rubrics (5 versions to choose from depending on your needs)
These engaging and original texts provide lots of interesting animal anecdotes to get students excited about science! Every page includes gorgeous colour photos that print well in colour or black and white. Each concept adds onto previous learning as students work toward completing a cross-curricular final project as a group that includes the smaller project they will complete on their own. The research prompts encourage students to delve into areas of interest and the projects are open-ended so students are free to represent their learning the way they feel is best.
Created to align with British Columbia's Grade 4 Science curriculum.
This unit generally takes my students about seven to ten sessions from start to finish.
Looking for other intermediate Science resources? Check out my Simple Machines Assessment Duo
for a design challenge and unit test!