- Learning the differences between biomes, ecosystems, and habitats can be confusing; but the Biomes and Ecosystems series from Let’s Get Real makes it crystal clear with easy-to-understand definitions, maps, and a wide variety of cross-curricular resources. This ACTIVITY BOOK BUNDLE contains one book$7.20$9.00Save $1.80
- Learning the differences between biomes, ecosystems, and habitats can be confusing; but the Biomes and Ecosystems series from Let’s Get Real makes it crystal clear with easy-to-understand definitions, maps, and a wide variety of resources. This huge MEGA-BUNDLE set has everything you need for an in-$11.60$15.50Save $3.90
- Product Description
Learning the differences between biomes, ecosystems, and habitats can be confusing; but the Biomes of the World series from Let’s Get Real makes it crystal clear with easy-to-understand definitions, maps, and a wide variety of resources.
Biomes and Ecosystems: THE GRASSLAND BIOME highlights the earth’s grassy biome with an interactive cut-and-glue format that features plants and animals found in the African savanna, American Great Plains, and South American pampas ecosystems. THE GRASSLAND BIOME also includes a picture mystery word review.
Vocabulary Enrichment Words:
biome, ecosystem, gaucho, grassland, pampas, plain, prairie, savanna, steppe
- Understanding and identifying the characteristics of the grassland biome
- Identifying different names for grasslands
- Identifying animals that live in the grassland biome
- Critical thinking skills of comparing and contrasting (analysis)
- Building content-area literacy in science
- Reading fluency and comprehension
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the book.
Technical Info: The file is in PDF format, illustrated with original, high-definition images.
Author’s Note: If you find biomes confusing, you’re not alone. In researching this topic, I found that educational resources define biomes and ecosystems in many different ways. For this introductory look at biomes, I relied on the categories most often used in the scientific community.
Bundle and Save: This book is also included in two bundles:
- Save 20% with the Biomes and Ecosystems Book Bundle, which also includes the introductory BONUS book, Biomes and Ecosystems, from the Science Foundations series.
- Save 25% with the Biomes and Ecosystems MEGA-Bundle Pack, which includes all of the activity books, PLUS 14 cross-curricular activities, 5 colorful photo posters, and the BONUS book, Habitats and Homes in the World’s Biomes.
CLICK HERE to preview all of the Biomes and Ecosystems resources, including:
- What Is a Biome? FREE POSTER
- ANIMAL ADAPTATIONS (in each biome)
- Biomes and Ecosystems ACTIVITY PACK
- Biomes and Ecosystems POSTER SET
- Biomes and Ecosystems: HABITATS AND HOMES in the World’s Biomes
- Teaching with TOOBS®: AFRICAN SAVANNA
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page. Be sure to click on the GREEN STAR to receive my monthly Follower Freebies.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!