Activity: Card Sort amongst students in groups of two or four, after which students can be given a handout with prerecorded answers. Indicators are filled in on the folder chart just in case this is not taught in class.
- Biomolecule 1 Terms w/spaces for cards (Elements, Examples & Monomers)
- Biomolecule 2 Cards for side 1
- Biomolecule 3 Terms w/spaces for cards (Structure/Image, Function & Indicator)
- Biomolecule 4 Cards for side 2
- Biomolecule 5 Answer Key or Filled-In Handout
Print and glue pages 1 & 3 inside a folder and then laminate if possible. Staple the inside of a snack bag into the folder along the edge. Print the cards on card stock, cut and then store in the snack bag. Create a folder for each group of four or based on your preferences. Once students receive their folder they will take the cards out of the bag and then place them in the appropriate square, matching the description/image to the term.
- Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, Nucleic Acids
- Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Phosphorus
- Sugar, Starch, Oil, Wax, DNA, RNA
- Monosaccharide, Fatty Acids, Glycerol, Amino Acids, Nucleotide
- Energy, Cell Membrane, Enzyme, Genetic