Also included in
- Teaching Biology virtually this year? Make planning a breeze! This set of Biology notes covers a range of Biology topics and is perfect for a digital interactive notebook! Using Google Slides, students can type on the Cornell Notes pages and move elements on interactive notebook pages.What's incl$82.00$103.50Save $21.50
-Students can name and describe the four types of biomolecules, their structure, and their function in the body. -Students can explain the purpose of enzymes in the body and describe how an enzyme speeds up a chemical reaction.
Want your high school students to have better note taking skills? Cornell notes are a great training tool for your students and these Cornell notes fit perfectly into digital interactive notebooks or 1:1 classrooms. This note set and Google Slides presentation provide an explanation of the four types of organic compounds (including carbohydates, lipids, proteins, and amino acids). Details are also provided on the function of enzymes in the body.
- 20 Google slides on matter, elements, atoms, and molecules
- 1 Cornell Notes page with text boxes to fill in blanks
- 1 graphic organizer page for detailed notes on each biomolecule
- Answer keys with completed notes (great for absent students)
How can I use this in a virtual learning environment?
The PowerPoint coordinates seamlessly with the note pages. Notes can be taken on a device while viewing the PowerPoint to introduce or reinforce content.
*These items were made to be used in a 1:1 classroom. If you prefer a printable version of this lesson, click here.
- This resource is saved in a Google Drive folder, so you will need Google Drive in order to access it.
- With this purchase, TpT will automatically make a copy of the folder, create a TpT folder in your Drive, and add the folder to your Google Drive. In this process, TpT will ask for permission to do this. Here is a link for more information: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/buyer-questions/why-does-TpT-need-access-to-my-Google-drive-for-me-to-use-certain-digital-resources
What are Cornell notes?
Cornell notes consist of 1 page separated into 3 sections. A left-hand column provides major ideas and essential questions, while the large right-hand section is for detailed notes. A third section is found at the bottom of the page for summarizing the notes.
Why should you use the Cornell note-taking method?
Cornell notes are organized and efficient. They help students easily pick out the important ideas for any topic. They also make studying easier because students can use the left column of questions as a self quiz.
For other engaging methods of note-taking, see my Illustrated Notes.
For a lab to coincide with this lesson, see my Enzyme lab.