Biosolids (Human Waste): Are They Safe? - Science Worksheet Printable or Google
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
Biosolids are nutrient-rich organic material resulting from the treatment of sewage sludge and there are lots of questions surrounding it's use on croplands.
Students can read this 5-page article, included as a PDF, to learn:
- Why do we have biomass?
- Where do they come from?
- Where are biosolids used?
- Do biosolids smell?
- Are biosolids safe?
- Are there buffer requirements or restrictions on public access?
- Can anyone apply biosolids to land?
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Article link is embedded into the guide for quick access
- Short answer questions and also an extension activity
- Answer key provided
⏳ Teaching Time:
Around 40 minutes
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)