PCR and Gel Electrophoresis - This 17 slide Senior Biology PowerPoint Lesson package looks at biotech career opportunities, germ-line gene therapy, somatic gene therapy, genetic screening, amniocentesis as well as specific examples of disorders which can be diagnosed using gene therapy. It is geared towards a senior level biology and/or an AP biology classroom. The PowerPoint contains many diagrams, explanations and videos. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point), 4 embedded videos and a student lesson handout as a word document which follows the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- 4 videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Career opportunities
- Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Germ-line gene therapy
- Somatic gene therapy
- Genetic Screening
- Examples of disorders which can be diagnosed
Buyer Comment: "Excellent presentation."
Within my Molecular Genetics Unit you can also find the following lessons
- Lesson 1 - Genetic Material - DNA and RNA
- Lesson 2 - DNA Replication and Repair
- Lesson 3 - DNA Organization and Aging
- Lesson 4 - Transcription - DNA Replication
- Lesson 5 - Translation - Protein Synthesis
- Lesson 6 - Mutations and Mutagens
- Lesson 7 - Viruses in Bio Technology
- Lesson 8 - DNA Manipulation
- Lesson 9 - PCR and Gel Electrophoresis
- Lesson 10 - Biotechnology and Health
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.