Bird Adaptation Feet & Legs | Biomimicry Design Compatible with NGSS
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- This is a Science Bundle with both printable and digital formats. It includes everything you will need to have excellent and varied science and art activities available for your students. The aim is to ignite a love for question-asking and using biomimicry challenges in the classroom. Design inspirePrice $90.00Original Price $138.20Save $48.20
- Need something for distance learning? This bundle has 2 resources that have been specifically made for Google Classroom. There are also resources that are perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. What do I receive?The 8 Google Classroom resources are online resources.Price $12.00Original Price $16.50Save $4.50
- Let these animal adaptation resources push your students' thinking. Your students will have a great time learning about birds' and mammals' legs & feet, and the amazing tails of various animals. Using the understanding to design and create things is fun as well as challenging. There are cardsPrice $8.00Original Price $12.00Save $4.00
Looking for an enjoyable and engaging animal adaptation resource? This unit focuses on the study of Birds' Feet & Legs and is Montessori-inspired. Your students will have a great time learning about the feet and leg differences and using these differences to solve design challenges. Purchase this product now and watch your students grow in their understanding of animal adaptations while inspiring them to ask questions about the natural world.
There are cards with photos of different types of bird's feet that can be used to study feet such as swimming feet, perching feet, and climbing feet.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thanks.
Please click the PREVIEW button above to get an idea of everything included.
This awesome Bird package contains:
1. Introduction to biomimicry
2. Observation birds
3. Acrostic poem
4. Booby webbed feet
5. Make up a dance - invent a dancing robot or toy
6. Invent a toy or a swimming gear
7. Flamingos' legs and feet - furniture challenge
8. Robot that can walk in mud
9. Design a playground with a carousel inspired by parrots
10. Owl observations
11. Design a flying toy that can pick up things.
12. Story writing - boy or girl who can turn his or her toes around at will.
13. What if you could run like an ostrich?
14. Random Inspiration game
15. Cards with different types of feet
16. How can you use biomimicry in the classroom
17. Links and book tips
Looking for a resource about mammals?
Check out Mammals' Feet Legs | Biomimicry PBL Design Inspired by Nature
You may also like Animal Tails | Biomimicry STEAM PBL Design Inspired by Nature
Leaving feedback when you purchase a resource earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 72 hours they are posted.
Reviews of other Think Dive - Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
Project based learning: Mammals, Reptiles & Amphibians - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I was a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design Challenge in 2021.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 Letter size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.
#projectbasedlearning #bird #feet #Montessorinspired#STEAM #STEM #NGSS #biomimicry #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #digitalactivities