This is a step-by-step photo guide for an easy, beautiful spring themed watercolour art project that can be completed in as little as 80 minutes. The finished product is a triptych (a painting in three sections), with 1 bird in silhouette in each section. This activity is perfect for Mother's Day gifts, or would make a stunning display for a spring concert or open house.
As with all of my products, this activity is designed so that even teachers with minimal Visual Art experience can confidently plan and execute meaningful lessons.
- 6 bird silhouette tracers to print out
- photos that show each step in the process
- written for K-1, but includes ideas to modify the project for higher grades
- tips for successful painting lesson
- reproducible "Art Room Jobs" posters to help organize your lesson