This fun bees and honeycomb theme editable birthday board will look fantastic in your classroom! A student and their birthday are represented by a cell in the honeycomb. Simply label and cut out one cell for each student and then attach them in a honeycomb pattern to your classroom wall or bulletin board.
This product coordinates with my other Bee Theme Classroom décor
Bee Theme Classroom Decor Pack
Bee Theme Behavior Clip Chart
Bee Theme Newsletters
Bee Theme 150 Editable Templates and Labels
Bee Theme Clock Labels
This product includes two types of files. A PDF file that you can print out and write in your students' names and birth dates by hand, and a PowerPoint file so that you can type the names and dates.
There are 4 cells per 8.5 by 11 inch page. Each cell is 4.7”W x 4”H.
1. If using the included editable PowerPoint file, type your students’ names and birth dates onto the honeycomb cells.
2. Set your printer to “Fit to Page” and print out the honeycomb cells onto cardstock or a heavy weight paper.
3. If you did not use the editable PowerPoint file, using a heavy black marker write your students’ names and birth dates on the cells that you printed out.
4. Cut out each cell. Trim close to the border so that there is no white paper showing. Laminate the cells if you like.
5. Laminate the “Today is ____ Birthday!” cell so that you can use a dry erase marker to write the student’s name who’s birthday it is that day.
6. Sort the cells by birth date with January at the top of your sorted pile. Lay out the cells in a honeycomb pattern on the floor so that you can see the whole pattern before you affix it to the wall. Refer to the example layout in this file. Measure the height and width of your honeycomb pattern on the floor and then determine where you will place it on the wall so that it is centered. Attach the cells to your wall using tape or staples. It is recommended to attach the top center “Birthday Bees” title cell first so that your honeycomb is centered on the wall.
This product includes an editable PowerPoint file so you can type in your student’s names and birth dates. You must have PowerPoint installed on your computer in order to edit the file.
Search Filter: Theme11-Bees