Work on understanding and producing pronouns, possessive nouns, and possessive pronouns with this fun birthday party theme!
Included in this Product:
- Characters Cards (4 girls, 4 boys, 1 set of a boy and a girl, 1 set of 2 girls, 1 set of 2 boys) – Use a piece of playdoh, bent paperclip or a sturdy piece of cardstock attached to the back to make the characters stand up.
- Place setting for 4 with plates, forks, and knives – Have a birthday party for 4 of the characters. Have your students pick items for each character and ask them questions to elicit pronouns and possessives (“Who has the pink cake?” “Whose cookie is this?”)
- 20 possessive/pronoun cards with characters holding items (to be used to target pronouns or possessives)
- 33 Party Items (i.e. balloons, cake, presents) in different colors – Give items to the characters for the birthday party
- Examples of prompts for getting students to understand pronouns
- Examples of prompts for getting students to produce pronouns
- 6 Prompt Cards for Understanding Pronouns
- 4 Prompt Cards for Producing Pronouns
- 2 Prompt cards for Eliciting Possessive Nouns
- 1 Prompt card for Eliciting Possessive Pronouns
- Visual Birthday Scene
- 2 Homework Sheets (1 for targeting pronouns and 1 for targeting possessives) – Cut out the birthday items and follow the directions (“Give the cake to her. Who has the cake?” or “Give the cake to her. Whose cake is this?”)