My Birthday Party - A Sight Word Phrase Story ...
My Birthday Party repeats the sight word phrase, "I had," in sentences. The following hands-on activities are included for the early emergent reader: Read and Write, Fill in the Blank, Cut and Paste, and Draw and Color. The child will use seven pages to make a booklet measuring 8 1/2” x 11”. A cover is included, as well as pictures to support the text.
After running the copies, staple together the booklet cover and pages one through five.
- Write your name on the booklet cover.
- Read the sentence. Trace the sentence.
- Let the pictures help you.
- Fill in the blanks to complete each word in the sentence.
- Cut and paste the correct sentence onto the correct page.
- Also, on page two, write how many candles you should have.
- On page five, follow the directions to draw and color.
- Create a title, and write it on the given line on page five.
- Also, as the illustrator, write your name on page five.
- Extension: Read to a partner, and share your artwork.
I had, my, birthday, party, booklet, by, first, a, cake, candles,
on, it, some, gifts, see, title, illustrator, can, here, is, was, fun,
the, are, happy, to, me
Tags: My Birthday Party, I had, sight word, sight word phrase, story, emergent reader, funny first grade
Look for …
Additional titles and themes from
A Sight Word Phrase Story
with Hands-on Activities
Copyright © 2013 Lynda Smith Davis
Image © Graphics Factory.com
All rights reserved
Cover frame copyright © 2012-2013
All rights reserved.