“Bit of a Yarn” is an easy-to-use PowerPoint game that can be implemented with any grade level or subject.
Motivational, competitive, and great for reviews. Simply add up to 25 questions to the game, divide the class into teams, and you’re ready to go! Simpler yet, instead of entering questions, type a number on each slide that refers to an already-prepared worksheet.
1. Divide the class into teams or play in small groups.
2. Display the question and allow teams time to agree on an answer.
3. Each team that answers correctly:
a. Clicks on a ball of numbered yarn at the bottom of the slide.
b. The yarn will ‘unwind’ and lead to a basket.
c. The basket will reveal points earned for that questions (0, 5, 10, or 15).
d. Record the points earned for the team.
4. Continue play until all questions have been completed.
5. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.