Frustrated by a lack of engaging phonics resources? Need something quick, no prep, and paperless? Bite-Size Phonics is for you! Each Bite-Size pack addresses one "chunk" with short, engaging lessons and routines that you can easily incorporate into your current reading program to enhance your phonics instruction. Your students will love the adorable characters and food themed activities that have been woven throughout.
Each "bite" is meant to be projected on your whiteboard - with absolutely no prep on your end! These can be used as a quick morning activity, during your regular reading block, as a transition back into learning from recess, at snack time, or at the end of the day.
- Engage your students with several video clips all about each long vowel sound
- Build your students' phonemic awareness skills with this super engaging routine segmenting sounds. Students will "stretch the pasta" to segment each individual sound within words containing long vowel sounds
- Students will put sounds (ingredients) one-by-one into their imaginary blenders and blend them together into a word
- Students will learn to "pat the dough" for each syllable
- Phonics based spelling practice of words containing long vowel sounds
- Students will brainstorm rhyming words and share their "recipes" with the class!
- Students will search books in your classroom library for words containing long vowel sounds. If the word follows the rule, it's "fresh" and if it breaks the rule, it is "rotten" This routine helps students recognize the chunk within text.
slides are also included with each bite, so you can tailor them to fit your students' needs!
Bite-Size Phonics Lessons - Short Vowel BUNDLE
Bite-Size Phonics Lessons - A YEAR LONG GROWING BUNDLE
Please note, sometimes links are moved or removed - please reach out to me via email at email@example.com if you find that a link is broken!