Also included in
- SAVE!! February is Black History month! Here's a great way to celebrate by studying the life journeys of two popular performing artists--Denzel Washington and Audra McDonald? These four lessons, two close reading and two one pager assignments are similar but different, depending upon the needs of t$13.05$13.50Save $0.45
- This is a GROWING BUNDLE! SAVE 20% Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Billy Porter, Cynthia Erivo, Daveed Diggs, Renee Goldsberry, August Wilson, James Monroe Iglehart nd Camille A. Brown--Broadway Tony award nominees and winners.$28.20$35.25Save $7.05
- Bundle! Here are NINE sets of materials to help the busy teacher-costume design, speech rubric, biography assignment, personality profile assignment performing rubric, origin of theater, speech review and assignment, directing advice and a warm up. Eight products are free and one paid with a 10% d$6.30$7.00Save $0.70
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 42 lessons (1,055 pages) and study guides focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative l$209.25$232.50Save $23.25
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher teaching seventh graders who requested it. Save up to 20% on this bundle, depending upon the number of products you choose.YOU can do the same thing!Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answe$50.43$60.75Save $10.32
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPEND$101.47$109.25Save $7.78
FREE!! Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, the Broadway Tony award winner. The students research questions about her life, journey to Broadway, various accolades and study her growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the students designs her life.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTpT
This product is part of a more extensive lesson which is three days in length. You can find it here: Audra McDonald newspaper format
Many teachers combine these biographies with others of mine on actors Lin Manuel Miranda and Denzel Washington, actress Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee. Or they tie it to my lesson concerning the Tony Awards at: Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
These bios. are a great spring board for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. I teach theater with a twist. This is an example of what I mean.
Find the full length product at: Audra McDonald
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.