Black History Month
Common Core Aligned, DOK questions and activities
This Black History Month Unit includes history and biographies of important events and people during slavery and Civil Rights Movement with activities to reinforce learning.
Included are the following:
1. Introduction text
2. Harriet Tubman with text dependent questions
3. The Underground Railroad with organizer
4. Freedom Quilts with activity
5. Frederick Douglas with scrapbook activity/organizer
6. Martin Luther King with text dependent questions
7. Writing Activity- I Have a Dream with organizer
8. Martin Luther King portrait drawing activity
9. Rosa Parks with text dependent questions
10. Letter form
and so much more . . .