Just print and go with this Black History Month Unit! This unit can be used in a number of ways. Students can work on a different person on each day and fill in the graphic organizer as they read. This can also be used as a group project. Divide the students into groups and have each group present a figure to the class. Students can fill in the graphic organizer as they listen to the presentation.
There is no prep
involved. Just print and go!
1. 2 page reading for each Black History figure
2. Graphic Organizer for each reading
3. 1 blank organizer for students to research their own figure (Extra Credit!)
4. 1 Pre-Reading “What Do You Know?” worksheet (Students will write down any facts that they already know.)
5. Comprehension quick check for each reading + Answer Key
6. 1 matching worksheet “Who Am I “ (Students will match statements to the correct person.)
7. 1 “Writing Prompts” worksheet (Students have 5 writing prompts to choose from as a post-reading activity.)
8. 1 “Interview” worksheet (Students will choose one of the Black History Month figures to "interview". They will come up with 5 thoughtful questions.)
The Black History Month figures included are
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Check out the preview for a better look!
Similar units include
Women's History Month
Holidays Around the World