Last year my students told me that they never learn anything new during Black History Month. They told me that they learn about the same few people every single year. So I set out to create something different...and common core aligned. This product has six different activities.
1) Dissect argument essays about Black History Month and write one if you choose
2) Compare and Contrast two different accounts of the events of the Chicago 50
3) Informational Reading: Jay-Z
4) Research not-so-well-known Black Women Activists
5) Book/Film Study - Hidden Figures
6) Study Episode #1 of Blackish - Juneteenth Episode