Products in this Bundle (3)
Black History Month Research Project Product:
Research various historical figures for Black History Month with flexible template. These research and project pages can be used with any book or website. Many pages make for a great bulletin board display!
- Teacher directions
- Note-taking pages
- Project presentation outline and rubric
- Research comprehension questions
- Peer activities
- Assign students different historical figures
- Allow students to research individual historical figures
- Partner up students to compare/contrast historical figures
- Have students share their findings with the class
My Daddy, MLK Jr. Product:
A reading activity for Black history month and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. This read aloud and response activities make for a great comparison for point of view as students read multiple texts on MLK JR.
This book is written by Martin Luther King, III (Marty), MLK Jr.'s son. He wanted everyone to know that although MLK, Jr. was a face for equality, he was also an amazing dad and husband. This book is relatable and interesting.
- Lesson Plan
- Response Activities:
- Book walk predictions
- Vocabulary maps
- Character analysis
- Quote analysis
- Compare & contrast graphic organizer
- Plot sequence cards
- Answer Keys
Martin Luther King, Jr. Activities Product:
Use this resource as a literacy response activity for students. Includes information on MLK's background, Civil Rights Activism, and awards received. Each section of information includes reflective questions and place for student's to respond. Multiple black and white images are included for students to color. Finally, an "I Have a Dream" speech culminating writing activity is included.Can be used for centers or independent work.
- 2 reading passages
- 2 information posters
- 3 multi-page reflection activities
- 6 creative activity pages
- 3 answer keys
SWBAT explore the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. through literacy response activities
SWBAT highlight major achievements in MLK’s life
SWBAT cite specific examples of the impact MLK had on American history
SWBAT create their own “I Have a Dream” speech, depicting their own visions for a successful American future
♥ Did you know … you can earn credits to apply to future purchases by leaving feedback on your purchases? Take a few seconds to give a star rating and comment!
Do you have an idea/request for how to make this product better?
Shoot me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org! I'd love to listen to your feedback.
By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Always A Lesson and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER MAY:
- Make copies for the purchaser’s classroom, including homeschooling or tutor sessions
- Make one copy for backup purposes, but not with intent to redistribute
- Direct other interested persons to my store
- Reference (WITHOUT DISTRIBUTION) this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development, workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to myself as the author and the link back to my TPT store is included in your post/presentation.
YOU MAY NOT:
- Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks
- Share this product (part of it or in its entirety) with others
- Repackage and/or sell or giveaway this product (part of it or in its entirety) to others
- Offer or share this product (part of it or its entirety) anywhere on the internet as a download or copy including, but not limited to, personal sites, school sites, or Google Doc links on blogs or sites, internet sharing groups, news lists, or shared databases