Black History Month – African American Heroes: This complete no-prep unit has been completely revised for 2017! New timelines, reading comprehension passages, and foldable activities have been added! This is the perfect unit for teaching your students about African American Heroes.
This unit contains:
- Large and Small Fact Cards for the following 20 people:
Dr. Guion Bluford
George Washington Carver
Dr. Charles R. Drew
Sarah E. Goode
Mae .C Jemison
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Madame C.J. Walker
- Pocket Pattern for Fact Cards
- Flipbook Foldable Activity (can be used in interactive notebooks)
- Match the Person Comprehension Activities
- African American Heroes Sorting Activity
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Timeline Activity
- Jackie Robinson Timeline Activity
- Harriet Tubman Timeline Activity
- Barack Obama Timeline Activity
- Thurgood Marshall Timeline Activity
- Jesse Owens Reading Passage and Comprehension Activity
- George Washington Carver Reading Passage and Comprehension Activity
- Mae C. Jemison Reading Passage and Comprehension Activity
- Sojourner Truth Reading Passage and Comprehension Activity
- Dr. Guion Bluford Reading Passage and Comprehension Activity
- Pictures of Foldable Activities
- Answer Key
You can find the presentation that accompanies this unit at:
African American Heroes Presentation
Or, you can buy the BUNDLE and save!
African American Heroes BUNDLE
Check out all of my Black History Month Resources!