Also included in
- This Black History Month Activities Bundle with Anti-racism bonuses has several resources that support learning about Black History while also addressing social justice and anti-racist teaching. This Black History Month activities bundle will give you the tools and activities to have a more cultural$33.95$48.50Save $14.55
- February is a month filled with exciting events and holidays! But it can be overwhelming trying to find activities for each event. This bundle is just for you! It is filled with engaging resources that allow you to cover every holiday and special occasion during the month of February, without sacrif$53.60$76.60Save $23.00
These Black History Month biographies and activities showcase the lives of important men and women who have had a major impact on Black and American History. This set includes nonfiction reading passages with questions that help you teach Black History Month in a meaningful way.
Each biography also has graphic organizers and text-aligned life timelines that help your students dig deeper into the achievements of African-Americans. With these additions, you can use this activity set for ELA and Social Studies standards.
- James Weldon Johnson
- Maya Angelou
- Carter G. Woodson
- Marian Wright Edelman
- Mary McLeod Bethune
- Alex Haley
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets
- Text-Aligned Questions to practice citing text evidence
- 2 Timelines of each Black History Month biography
- 6 Reflection Worksheets on Black History Month & Equality
- 6 Review Graphic Organizers
- Google Forms Assessment--Direct link provided
- Easel Ready Activity for Digital Use
With these Black History Month activities, you are giving your students the opportunity to practice essential skills such as referring back to the text, inferring, discovering word meaning in context, and critical thinking.
But your students are also learning important information about people who have impacted American history in a positive way.
As you teach accurate, culturally responsive Black History in your classroom, you are empowering students to be the change our world still needs to see!
This standards-aligned resource best serves 4th-6th Grade students.
- This was a great resource especially during guided reading to have small group discussions that transformed into wonderful classroom learning and talks. -Victoria
- This set helped my students to learn about a variety of accomplished African-Americans during our nonfiction unit. The activities helped them find evidence in the text and use ordering skills to make timelines... -Christina
- I loved using this to have my students create mini reports about what they learned about different African Americans through history. -Jessica
- This is an incredible resource to spark inquiry of influential Black Americans. -Esther
- This is fantastic. The biographies are age appropriate and written well for fourth graders. I love how the questions force them to go back in the text to find the answers and the timelines are a great help with my social studies standards. Great resource! -Julie
- AND MORE!! See additional feedback below
⭐WANT DISCOUNTED TPT RESOURCES?!
Did you know that you can get TpT Credit that lowers the prices of your future purchases?
Each time you make a purchase, you can offer a rating and feedback on that resource in exchange for credits that will go towards your next purchase!
So thanks in advance for your rating and feedback!
⭐LET'S STAY CONNECTED!
Please consider clicking the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
©Tanya G. Marshall--The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2016 (UPDATED 2021)
Stock Images Credit: Adobe Stock Images and Pexels
For ALL resources from my store, please be mindful of "sharing" resources with co-teachers and other teacher-friends. I offer generous multiple-license discounts and school-wide licenses so that your teaching team can have copies for themselves.
Thanks for honoring these professional standards of ethics.