Are you looking for an independent or semi-independent research project that incorporates Bloom's Taxonomy? This African American History Research Project allows students choose an African America Figure and by design requires students to take a deeper look into this person accomplishments and contributions to our society.
It is a perfect resource for those students who need higher level independent projects.
This Biography Project also addresses many Common Core State Standards.
I use it as a hybrid type project. We do some in class and students do some at home. I also bind the materials into using our school's binding machine. Students love having a research book to carry around:). You could also use a 3 ring binder or folder with brads.
Included in this Biography Research Project:
- Student Task List
- List of Potential People to Research
- Sources Documentation Pages (These are basic so that students will begin to understand how to document sources.)
- KWL Chart
- Rubrics and Check-lists for Each Component of the Research Project
- Note Taking Pages
- Notable Facts Assignment
- Three Contributions & Accomplishments Assignment that Builds on Previous Assignments and Includes a Writing Component
- Timeline of Important Events
- Compare & Contrast Partner Activity: Students will work with another student in the class to compare and contrast the people they have researched.
- "In Their Shoes" Perspective Writing Activity Using Historical Facts
- Obstacles, Achievements & Character Traits Synthesis Activity
- Final Grading Page
I have also included an optional Wax Museum Component. Included is a template for students to write a presentation, explanation of activity, and invitation.