Do you need cute and easy crafts for Black History Month? You got them! This set has SIX crafts or craftivities of African American inventors and their inventions: George Carver, George Crum, Lewis Latimer, Garrett Morgan, Philip Downing, and Alfred Cralle. These crafts will make a fantastic bulletin board for Black History Month or can be used for your school hallway decoration! Next time your students crunch on a potato chip, get a scoop of ice cream, eat a peanut butter sandwich, look at a traffic light, see a mailbox, or turn the lights on and off, they will know that all these things exist thanks to African American inventors!
This product now has the perfect companion – African American Inventors PowerPoint! It describes each of the inventors pictured in this set and it has all the bells and whistles to keep your young students engaged: animations, sound effects, discussion questions, and even a quiz! It's interactive, user-friendly and it requires ZERO prep time! Please see it in my store in “Black History Month” custom category or simply click here:
African American Inventor PowerPoint
This set has 32 pages which include:
• Cover page
• Templates for 6 crafts
• Pictures of completed projects
• Descriptions (list of supplies and directions)
• Summary sheet for each inventor that describes his most prominent invention in 1-2 sentences (for younger students)
• Lined writing sheet for each inventor (for older or more advanced students)
With these crafts, your students will love learning about 6 amazing African American inventors!
I have another Black History Month product in my store: Bessie Coleman - First African-American Woman Aviator
If you need more crafts and ideas for the month of February, please see my other products:
Presidents' Day Craftivities: George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
Tooth Fairy Craft
- a set of multicultural boy and girl tooth fairies
- a great addition to you Dental Health unit
Build a Snowman
- story elements and reading comprehension activity
- winter themed rhyming activity.