Also included in
- Looking for suitable activities for your students that are more than just worksheets for Black History and Woemen's History month? This engaging Dr. Mae Jemison reading and craft activity is a simple way for grades K-1 to be introduced to the life of the scientist and astronaut who made history as t$5.50$7.00Save $1.50
- Looking for Women's History Month bulletin board projects that are more than just worksheets? These crafts, projects and activities for 2-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of coding (Ada Lovelace), aviation (Amelia Earhart), space exploration (Dr. Mae$12.80$15.99Save $3.19
- Looking for Black History month activities that are more than just worksheets? These Black History crafts, projects and activities for K-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of medicine (Dr. Daniel Hale Williams), technology (Garrett Morgan), educational$12.99$16.24Save $3.25
- Looking for suitable Black History Month projects for your students that are more than just worksheets? This is a bundle of five popular Black History crafts and readers that provide an engaging way for your students to learn about famous these African Americans and their important contributions to$28.18$35.23Save $7.05
- Black History crafts and activities - a bundle of 20 pioneers, inventors, musicians, athletes and civil rights activists for your teaching of black history in February and all year long. Leave the worksheets behind and engage your students with these activities in a meaningful way that they will re$67.30$84.13Save $16.83
- Looking for Women's History Month bulletin board projects that are more than just worksheets? These crafts, projects and activities for 2-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of coding (Ada Lovelace), aviation (Amelia Earhart), space exploration (Dr. Mae$27.20$34.00Save $6.80
This Dr. Mae Jemison Black History and Women's History bulletin board craft project is a great way to engage your young learners in the life of an amazing woman. In addition to being a brilliant scientist, engineer, computer software analyst and doctor, Dr. Mae Jemison was also the first African American female astronaut. Makes an amazing bulletin board that will wow your school!
Click here to save when you buy this Black History Craft Activities (Dr. Mae Jemison; Ruby Bridges; Garrett Morgan; Dr. Daniel Hale Williams) bundle!
- After learning about Dr. Jemison, students create their own astronaut - either as themselves or as Mae
- Use the headed paper to write about the life of the astronaut, or the blank paper to write about what it would be like to be in space, why I would like to go to space, etc.
- Display on bulletin boards
- If your school is holding a Black History/Women's History assembly, these crafts with writing are a fabulous way to share what your students have learned
- Step-by-step directions with photographs
- Templates that can be run directly onto colored paper or traced around
- Writing paper with solid and broken lines
- Background information about Dr. Jemison for teacher use
- Writing prompt with scaffolded sentence stems
Check out other Black History resources in my store!
Did you buy this when it was reduced? ALL NEW PRODUCTS are reduced for the first 24 hours after uploading, but only followers find out about new crafts. Don't miss out! Follow Sweet Sensations and be the first to know when new resources are published.