Also included in
- Looking for Black History month activities that are more than just worksheets? These Black History crafts, projects and craftivities for K-5 students are the perfect way to engage students in these pioneers in the fields of medicine (Dr. Daniel Hale Williams), technology (Garrett Morgan), education$13.60$17.00Save $3.40
- Bulletin boards craft activities. 12 popular seasonal projects to take you through the school year:•Raccoon•Pumpkin Life Cycle•Ghost•Turkey Glyph•Mitten•Gingerbread House•Penguin•Stoplight craft for Black History Month (Garrett Morgan)•Chick and Egg•Earth Day•Mother's Day Teapot Craft•Butterfly lif$36.40$46.43Save $10.03
- Looking for suitable activities for your students that are more than just worksheets for Black History month? This engaging Garrett Morgan reading and craft activity is a simple way for grades K-1 to be introduced to the life of the inventor who introduced the concept of traffic control. After learn$5.50$6.99Save $1.49
- This set of 21 Black History Month activities includes hands-on crafts and projects to engage your students and get them excited about historical and modern day figures and events! Leave the worksheets behind and inspire your students with these activities in a meaningful way that they will rememb$67.30$84.13Save $16.83
- Looking for suitable Black History Month projects for your students that are more than just worksheets? This bundle of six popular Black History crafts and readers provide an engaging way for your students to learn about famous these African Americans and their important contributions to American li$29.97$43.23Save $13.26
Searching for the perfect Garrett Morgan craft? This engaging best-selling stop light craftivity is simple to make and can be differentiated for the needs of your students!
Garrett Morgan is known for inventing the precursor to the yellow wait light and an early gas mask. Students make their own modern day stop lights on a triangular prism and fill the other two sides with information, with different choices so that you can easily switch out the panels for the needs of your students!.
Click here to save when you buy this Black History Craft Activities (Dr. Mae Jemison; Ruby Bridges; Garrett Morgan; Dr. Daniel Hale Williams) bundle!
- Easy to follow step-by-step directions with photos for making a 3D stop light
- Six different inlay panels for student input: My Invention (blank and lines); Garrett Morgan; KWL; A timeline; traffic light poem (to trace over)
- Four optional information panels about Garrett Morgan
- Teacher information about Garrett Morgan
- Picture and quote by Garret Morgan - use as a poster
Please note, you will need 18"x9" construction paper in yellow or black to make the stop light frame.
Younger students will need help and guidance gluing the prism together (it is two over-lapping panels). All directions and photographs are included.
What buyers are saying:
~What I Love about this resource is the variety of options to place on the traffic light. I also appreciate the differentiation with the biographies. I teach a 1st and 2nd grade multi class, and having varied items to meet their needs its somethings I enjoy.
(Ivelisse G. February 26, 2020)
~Used this for my small Sunday School class of 5. Ages ranged from 1st grade to 6th grade. I liked that it provided different options for the ages. My 1st graders used the pictures and colored them along with reading the poem. My 3rd graders talked and wrote about inventions and used the quote. While I had the 6th grader write some facts.
(Linda A. February 28, 2018)
~I loved how there was a mini bio included in the packet. I liked how blank paper templates were provided for students to summarize in their own words about who Garrett Morgan was. I also liked the photos explaining who he was. This is especially helpful for my EL students.
(Teresa P. March 18, 2019)
~I’m not a teacher, rather the parent of a Kindergartener. The resources on this site are practical, affordable, accurate, and fun to do! (On top of the educational aspects) Make this purchase! You will not regret it!
(brianna K. February 26, 2019)
Check out other Black History resources in my store!
ALL PRODUCTS are discounted for the first 48 hours after uploading. Don't miss out!