Looking for a project that integrates technology, reading, research, writing, social studies, and math? You are in the right place with this interdisciplinary project that covers multiple standards!
This is a guided research packet featuring 32 influential African Americans that will take them on a journey from start to finish.
Our state library has a paid subscription to PebbleGo and Kids InfoBits , which are excellent informational text databases for younger or ESL learners. The men and women I’ve selected can all be researched using PebbleGo or Kids InfoBits. If you don’t have access to PebbleGo, you should be able to use these research guides using print or other online resources that you have access to.
In addition to researching about their chosen person, your students will have the opportunity to use their measurement skills to create a life-sized version of them. Included are accurate heights of each of the featured influential African Americans.
Best of all, this is EDITABLE! No matter which influential African American your students (or student groups) choose, you can type in their name on their packet pages. I've also created a separate packet cover page for males and females (depending on who your student chooses to research).
Included in this packet:
* Research packet cover (both in color and blackline)
* Check off list - to keep your students on track and help them know what comes next
* Printable - webbing what I already know
* Printable - 5 W's and How graphic organizer
* Printable -3-2-1 research summary sheet
* Printable - quote bubble to include a famous quote
* Printable - nonstandard measurement
* Printable - estimating measurement
* Printable - standard measurement
* Printable - metric measurement
* Printable - comparing length
Also included are QR code links to post in your classroom to take your students directly to the research resources (PebbleGo and Kids InfoBits).
Pictures of the finished product are included as well.