Get into the spirit of Black History Month with this interactive rebus game.
- Projector or Smart board
- Keynote Software installed in your computer
- Two desk bells (Game can be played without them, the bells just enhances the circumstances)
- Download the game onto your computer
- Open game in Keynote software
- Check to make sure all context glues downloaded correctly, without anything missing
- When downloading in Keynote sometimes the words in the answer will overlap. Click on enable editing. This will allow you to put space in between the words that overlapped
- Before playing game check to make sure slides are appearing correctly
- Check to make sure animations for answers are fading in and out correctly
Once everything is checked you are ready to begin playing.
How to Play:
- Split group or students into two teams
- Put a table or desk at the front of the room
- Put both desk bells on each side of the table (Bell set up is similar to one ringing the buzzer if playing Family Feud)
- Project or put the game on the Smart board in front of the room
- Title of game will appear - Black History Month Rebuses
- Next slide will inform the room what a rebus is (Utilizing the pictures and words as context glues will allow the person to come up with the correct answer)
- First game slide will appear. You will click until you get to the word answer. DO NOT click to make the answer appear
- Allow for the people who are playing to ring the bells. The first person to ring the bell will be allowed to answer. If answer is wrong the other team gets an opportunity to steal. If both people get it wrong the next people on the teams step up to ring the bells, and so on
- One point is received for answering the question correctly
- Another point is received if they can identify a fact about the person, event, thing, etc.(The point of this part is to introduce or review what the person knows about the event, thing, person, etc)
- Continue these actions until you get to the last slide
- Then add up the points from each team. The team with the most points win
Now it is time to play BLACK HISTORY MONTH REBUSES Have fun, learn and remember to leave a comment letting us know how the game worked in your classroom, building or office space.
Product preview is available for download.