These five Nonfiction Text Structure Passages would be a wonderful addition to your students' Black History Month studies. Take a look at the preview for a glimpse of what to expect!
1. "Fighting for Rights" (Problem & Solution)- This passage discusses Jim Crow Laws of the south and how the country overcame them.
2. "The Peanut Man" (Description)- This passage describes some of the many accomplishments of inventor and scientist George Washington Carver.
3. "An Unequal Education" (Compare & Contrast)- This passage compares and contrasts the differences between the schools Black and White children attended during segregation.
4. "I've Got The Blues" (Sequence)- This passage sequences the history and influence of Black music in the United States.
5. "Hard Work Pays Off" (Cause & Effect)- This passage describes the causes and effects of the successes of three famous athletes.
This product is 12 pages long. That includes a cover page, credits page, 5 half-page passages/graphic organizers, and answer keys.
Thank you so much for checking out my products! Here are some others you and your students may enjoy!
For the month of February
2018 Winter Olympics Packet (Pyeongchang)
Valentine Fractions Task Cards and Board Game
Valentine's Themed Task Cards (Text Structure)
Nonfiction Text Structure
Natural Disaster Text Structure (Best Seller!)
Ancient Egypt Nonfiction Text Structure Passages
Sharks: Nonfiction Text Structure Passages
The Disgusting Human Body Text Structure Passages