- Includes TpT Digital Activities Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Engage Students with a Hidden Figures STEM Challenge!Katherine Johnson STEM Challenge is a fun and unique way to engage your students during Black History Month and Women's History Month. Teach students that anyone can be
- Includes both PDF and TpT Digital Activity for Google Classroom Distance Learning and in-person classroom instruction.Engage Students with a Lonnie Johnson Invention STEM Challenge!Whoosh STEM Challenge is a fun and unique way to engage your students during Black History Month. In this STEM Activity
- Teach your students about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with STEAM!Integrate STEAM in your classroom with this engaging Read Aloud Companion Activity to Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Doreen Rappaport. Integrate literacy, writing, and math with STEAM. Students choose one
- Includes TpT Digital Activity Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate coding in your classroom with an Unplugged Hidden Figures Coding STEM Activity!Hidden Figures Coding Challenge is a fun and unique way to engage your students during Black History Month and Women's History Month.
- Includes both PDF and TpT digital versions for Google Classroom distance learning and in-person instruction.Launch the Space Shuttle Endeavor to help get Mae Jemison to Space!Students love learning about Mae Jemison by completing this STEM challenge! This works well for both Black History Month and
- Includes TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world proble$161.50$100.00Save $61.50
- Bundle Description
Includes TpT Digital version for Google Classroom remote learning.
Integrate STEM in your classroom during Black History Month with these Read Aloud STEM Challenges!
Create a space capsule to bring Apollo astronauts back to earth safely with Katherine Johnson, build an air powered rocket shuttle to launch Mae Jemison into space, invent something new with Lonnie Johnson, learn the power of words with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, and code astronauts to the moon with the Hidden Figures!
Includes 5 Black History Month Read Aloud Activities and lessons as amazing companion activities to our favorite Black History Month Read Alouds:
- Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
- Whoosh! by Chris Barton
- Counting on Katherine by Helaine Becker
- Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Doreen Rappaport
- Mae Among the Stars by Roda Amhed
These Black History Month STEM Activities are more than craftivities. Each STEM Challenge takes students through a process where they develop critical thinking and engineering skills. Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity and game, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
Each Activity Includes:
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Instructions
- STEM Journal
- Student Planning and Reflection Pages
- Writing Activity
- NGSS Standards
- Common Core Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use the TpT Digital Tool for Distance Learning, select "Create Digital Activity" on each individual product listing. Works with computers, laptops, chromebooks, ipads, and tablets.
Hidden Figures Read Aloud STEM Activity focuses on Coding.
ALIGNS TO NGSS
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
K-2-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.