Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Keep students engaged using rap songs as Black history reading comprehension passages!
Based on our free Black history songs, these Black history reading passages explore interesting and empowering Black history topics while giving students practice with critical reading skills. If you're looking to add some music and excitement into your Black History Month reading comprehension activities, you've found it.
A mix of fun topics that kids will love!
The reading passages and songs in this bundle cover exciting topics such as:
Listen to the songs on TPT for free using the product links above!
A variety of reading activities with the answer keys!
The activities in this bundle include everything listed below. Click the links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song
- links to the songs for free
- multiple-choice and short-response, comprehension questions with the answer keys.
*Some activities feature additional content that is listed below:
- context clues activities with the answer key
- timeline activities with graphic organizer
- sequential paragraph activities that utilize the timeline
- discussion questions
- an identify synonyms and antonyms activity using content vocabulary words from the "Frederick Douglass for Kids Song, part 2" with the answer key
- performance activities which involve students writing their own songs or dramatizing the song with acting or dance using the music available on YouTube.
*Note to previous buyers: Corrected bonus file glitch with Superhero Nonfiction vs. Fiction activity.
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
You may also like:
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.