Are you searching for a meaningful Black History Month activity for your middle school students? This Research Project unit is the perfect way to celebrate Black History Month and teach useful research, writing and communication skills at the same time!
Students will learn basic research skills, learn about an influential African American, put their thoughts and ideas down in an ORGANIZED essay, peer edit and revise their essays, and present their research findings through a creative poster presentation.
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- 120+ Instructional Slides
Teacher Modeling Built-In to Slides Presentation
- Unit Overview
- 9 Individual Lesson Plans
- List of 140+ Influential African Americans
- Note-taking Graphic Organizers
- Useful Student Reference Materials
- Answer Keys (where applicable)
- Grading Rubrics (where applicable)
- Instructions for accessing Google Slides Presentations
- Instructions for saving Google Slides Presentations as a PowerPoint Presentations
- Research Process
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- Evaluating Sources for Credibility
- Internet Search Tips
- Research and Note-taking
- Writing a Simple Bibliography
- Creative Poster Presentation
NEW! (2.3.21) - List of Influential African American now includes more women!
More Great Middle School Units!
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson
Check out my NEW Blog: mrsnelsonteaches.com