Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
How much do your middle schoolers actually know about Black History? Black History Month activities are a great way to begin introducing students to influential African Americans, especially in the world of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics! People of Color have made incredible contributions in the world of STEM! This resource highlights seven Black individuals who have made significant STEM innovations!
- Alan Emtage - Inventor of the Internet Search Engine
- Benjamin Banneker - First African American Scientist and Engineer
- Charles Richard Drew - Medical Doctor and Researcher
- George Washington Carver - Scientist and Inventor
- Katherine Johnson - NASA Mathematician
- Mae Jemison - First African American Female Astronaut
- Marie Maynard Daly - Scientist and Researcher
This PDF resource includes a two-page informational biographical article for individual, a comprehension crossword for individual, additional comprehension activities, worksheets, graphic organizers that can be used with many texts!
These articles are perfect for Black History Month Jigsaw Reading activities or a starting point for student Black History Month Research Projects.
Multiple comprehension activities are included to give teachers and students options!
: A special "Informational Text Reading Strategy" Slides Presentation is included with this Bundle! Slides introduce over 19 Reading Strategies for Before, During, and After Reading AND strategies for students to use when the text doesn't make sense!
- Two-page Informational Biographical Articles for SEVEN Individuals.
- A Comprehension Crossword Puzzle for all SEVEN Individuals.
- Partner Discussion Guide with Discussion Questions.
- "Sentence Starters" Comprehension Activity.
- Biography Graphic Organizer Comprehension Activity.
- Letter of Introduction Writing Assignment.
- Answer Key.
- Teacher Guidelines & Instructions.
- Detailed Lesson Outline.
- BONUS: Reading Strategy Slides Presentation
- Reading Informational & Nonfiction Texts
- Informational Text Features
- Class Discussions
- Finding the Main Idea
- Comprehension Assessment
- Reading Fluency Practice
Searching for more Black History Month Activities? This Black History Month Research Project is a great way to teach students research skills and help them learn about influential People of Color! This resource includes Over 120 Instructional Slides are included along with 140+ names of influential Black individuals--including many women!
Women in History Informational Texts
Fun Poetry Unit
Freak the Mighty Skills-based Novel Unit
Greek Mythology Unit
The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Complete Novel Unit
Informational Text Feature Unit
A Complete Fiction Unit
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson
Check out my New Blog! www.mrsnelsonteaches.com