Also included in
- Save 50% off regular prices! Show the many important ways African American scientists have contributed to modern scientific discoveries using an easy-to-implement timeline project, an engaging webquest, and 5 biography readings with worksheets. Bundle Includes 8 Resources:African American Achievem$9.99$19.98Save $9.99
- SAVE 30% off individual prices! Students learn more about diverse women in science with 5 engaging activities: a (5 feet long!) timeline project, a female scientists webquest, and 3 scientist biographies with corresponding questions.Included Products:Women in STEM Reading & Questions - Rosalind$9.79$13.99Save $4.20
- SAVE 30% OFF LIST PRICES! Students learn about 10 famous and not-so-famous scientists who have made major contributions to science, some of whom had to overcome gender and race boundaries to do so. Each resource includes an engaging article about a scientist and a corresponding worksheet with test$17.99$25.99Save $8.00
- SAVE 50% OFF LIST PRICES plus 3 FREE BONUSES! Great value - includes 10 resources! Designed to engage students and add FUN to a Nature of Science Unit, especially highlighting how science happens in the REAL WORLD. NGSS Science and Engineering Practice: Asking Questions and Defining ProblemsBUND$9.50$18.99Save $9.49
Reinforce the Scientific Method while teaching students about an important female scientist with this reading and related worksheet.
Dr. Jane C. Wright was an African American doctor during a time that females, especially Black women, were shunned by most in the science fields. Despite this, she revolutionized cancer research, and her work has had implications for cancer treatment to this day. Dr. Jane C. Wright is a woman whose scientific accomplishments should be celebrated!
In this assignment, students will:
- READ a biography about the life and scientific accomplishments of Dr. Wright.
- ANSWER text-dependent reading comprehension questions focusing primarily on the major steps of the scientific method viewed through Dr. Wright's work.
Save time and paper by making just one class set of the biography page (1 sheet of paper front/back) and reuse them class-to-class.
This assignment works well to reinforce the scientific method, to teach kids about influential female scientists and important women in STEM fields, and during (but not limited to!) Black History Month and Women's History Month.
⭐Save $$ with our WOMEN IN SCIENCE ACTIVITIES BUNDLE.
⭐Save $$ with our AFRICAN AMERICANS IN SCIENCE BUNDLE.
Please join our flock!
Submit your email at www.FlyingColorsScience.com for a FREE SCIENCE SUB PLAN!
Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
Cover Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons