Also included in
- Are you looking for multi-tasking Black History Month songs? Do you need differentiated Orff activities for grades K-5? These African American spirituals and authentic civil rights songs are perfect for ANY TIME OF YEAR. Engaging music reading and performance activities for grades K-5, as well as b$14.25$17.85Save $3.60
Do you need a multitasking Black History Month Song with short biographies of Rosa Parks? Do you need differentiated Orff activities for grades K-5? I Shall Not Be Moved is an African American spiritual and authentic civil rights song that is perfect for ANY TIME OF YEAR. Engaging music reading and differentiated performance activities make this resource a valuable addition to your music library.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
**Click "play" to listen to the attainable, musical Orff arrangement in the video preview above.
- Oh, Freedom, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I Shall Not Be Moved, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Rosa Parks
- This Little Light of Mine, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Ruby Bridges
These songs make great classroom activities or an addition to any performance. Each differentiated resource provides attainable performance options for young students while challenging older students. The flexible performance options are musically rewarding for all K-5 classes.
- Spotlight on Rosa Parks - Early Elementary Version
- Spotlight on Rosa Parks - Upper Elementary Version
- Level 1 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1
- Level 2 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1, rhythmic ostinato 2, mallets 1
- Level 3 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1, rhythmic ostinato 2, mallets 1, mallets 2
See the PREVIEW for a chart outlining the music elements taught at each level.
Slides with standard musical notation and optional slides with the treble clef note names labeled are provided for additional differentiation within each class as well as between grade levels.
- Two rhythmic Orff accompaniment patterns
- Two melodic Orff accompaniment patterns notated with and without prompts.
- Short biographies of a civil rights leader - early and upper elementary versions
- Song lyrics slides
- Large easy-to-read music notation for each part
- Full percussion ensemble score
- Flexible instrumentation
- Realistic xylophone diagrams for "air play" practice
- Simple piano accompaniment
- Guided instruction leads teacher & students through lessons
- All slides are printable and may be used for additional differentiation
- Suggested performance options for each level
- Interactive Table of Contents for easy navigation of lessons
The resources in our Music Literacy Song Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodaly, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for more READY-TO-USE music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the sequential bundles below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.