Also included in
- Are you looking for a BUNDLE of multi-tasking Black History Month songs? Do you need differentiated Orff activities for grades K-5? These African American spirituals and authentic civil rights songs are perfect for ANY TIME OF YEAR. Engaging music reading and performance activities for grades K-5,$14.25$17.85Save $3.60
Do you need a multitasking Black History Month Song with short biographies of Ruby Bridges? Do you need a differentiated Orff arrangement for grades K-5? "This Little Light of Mine" is an African American spiritual and authentic civil rights song that is perfect ANY TIME OF YEAR. Engaging music reading and performance activities for grades K-5 make this resource a valuable addition to your music library.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this helpful resource.
**Click "play" to listen to the attainable, musical Orff arrangement in the video preview above.
- Oh, Freedom, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I Shall Not Be Moved, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Rosa Parks
- This Little Light of Mine, Orff Arrangement | Spotlight on Ruby Bridges
These songs make great classroom activities or an addition to an all-school performance. Each lesson provides attainable performance options for young students while challenging older students. The flexible performance options are musically rewarding for all K-5 classes.
This informative lesson includes two different versions of biographies.
- Spotlight on Ruby Bridges - Primary Version
- Spotlight on Ruby Bridges - Intermediate Version
Suggested Performance Options
- Level 1 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1
- Level 2 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1, rhythmic ostinato 2, mallets 1
- Level 3 - Song, rhythmic ostinato 1, rhythmic ostinato 2, mallets 1, mallets 2
See the PREVIEW for a chart outlining the music elements taught at each level.
Resource Makes Differentiation Easy
Slides with standard musical notation and optional slides with the treble clef note names labeled are provided for differentiation within each class as well as between grade levels.
Accompaniment/Ostinato Patterns Included
- Two rhythmic percussion patterns
- Two melodic patterns notated with and without prompts.
Also Included in this Helpful Lesson
- Song lyrics slides
- Song music notation slides
- Full percussion ensemble score
- Simple piano accompaniment
- Large easy-to-read music notation for each part
- Guided instruction leads teacher & students through the lesson
- All slides are printable and may be used with the purchasing teacher's students
Not Rhythm Syllable Specific: The lessons in this Music Literacy Song Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodaly, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, you may be interested in the lessons below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.