Black History Month: Student-centered project on African-American Figures
is a great project for Black History Month. Put your students in charge of Black History Month with this project in which students dig deep into figures of their choice and make personal connections to the study of Black History Month. Meet famous African-Americans such as Sojourner Truth and Quincy Jones as well as Hank Aarons and Maya Angelou. Writers, activists, athletes, politicians and more are included.
Included in this project guide:
- Project topics (over 35 African-American individuals included)
- Annotated bibliography for all individuals included to introduce them to students.
- Project formats
- Research Template
- Organizing Your Research
- Project Timeline
- Peer-to-Peer Feedback
- Teacher project tracker form
- Student project reflection
Save by purchasing as part of a Civil Rights Teacher Resource Bundle
which contains all civil rights movement related products in the store and all future civil rights movement products.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
You may also like:
- Th Aztecs: Social class, cities, and government activities
- Ancient Greece: Daily life in Ancient Greece
- Maya Number System: cross-curricular set of activities in Mayan number system
- Ancient Egypt: Teacher Resource Bundle
- Gutenberg and the Scientific Revolution: a set of 5 station activities
- Biography: Build a LinkedIn profile for a Historic Figure
- Biography: Create a resume for a Historic Figure
- Writing a Research Paper: A student's guide to writing a research paper
- Research Project: Create a book jacket
- Research Project: A visual timeline for a social studies project
Coming soon… Ancient China: station activities; Ancient Rome: station activities, and much, much more.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips and resources for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.