Black History Month in Spanish Class - Afro-Latino Music 3 - Afro-Latinx
- Google Slides™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $191.29Save $46.30
- This is a growing bundle of diverse, editable Google Slides Afro-Latinx music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class. These Afro-Latino resources are perfect for Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month or to diversify your representation in Spanish class all year long. There are culturePrice $15.99Original Price $18.49Save $2.50
- Ready to go, Editable Google Spanish class bell ringers, Spanish class starters, or brain breaks for 1 year, every single day of Spanish class! This is a newer year of Para Empezar resource, with up-to-date Spanish culture, songs, and authentic resources to use as a classroom management routine clasPrice $29.99Original Price $35.94Save $5.95
This Afro-Latinx music editable Google Slides music bell ringers or brain breaks for Spanish class are perfect for any time of the year in Spanish class to showcase the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world. In particular, you could use one song per day or a music bracket for Black History Month or Hispanic Heritage Month. There are culture-filled songs from Afro-Latino artists that can be adapted for all levels including Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4 & Exploratory Spanish as a classroom management routine class starter or brain break.
⭐️ For the best deal get the Afro-Latinx - BUNDLE this resource plus all Afro-Latinx Music
This Afro-Latinx Music Spanish Class Editable resource includes
- ✅ 26 MORE Editable Google slides of different songs authentic songs in Spanish
- ✅ Diverse songs in Spanish featuring Afro-Latinx artists for each day of school during Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, a music bracket, or for weekly songs all year for música miércoles.
- ✅ Each slide includes the title, artist, link to the video, embedded video, and country with map.
- ✅ Instructions to the teacher on multiple ways to use this resource,
- ✅ Youtube playlist of the songs
Please note you must have access to Youtube to play the songs. They can be used as a quick 5-minute bell ringer as a classroom management routine or expanded on for much longer using your own additional resources. *There are no activities included for the included songs, just slides* Many teachers have made this into a playoff bracket as well.
This Afro-Latinx music resource was created in 2021, with the goal of being appropriate for both middle and high school Spanish. If you want the newest resource, get Afro-Latinx Music 4.
What are other teachers saying about Afro-Latinx music 3?
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I LOVE her music brackets. I made an awesome bulletin board in the hallway with Afro-Latinx singers and made a big music bracket! - Jillian R (9th grade)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Love (Mis Clases Locas) resources. I have purchased many of them and they never disappoint - Maria G (9th-10th grades)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great resource for Black History month - Diane L (9th grade)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I used this to incorporate Black History month into the Spanish classroom. The Lido Pimienta video was a hit. It captured the history of Africans in South America from slavery going forward. The town, Palenque, and the interesting career of Ms. Pimienta was a great additional breakout lesson. I created an Exit Ticket for the activity. Students told their parents about the lesson and I received emails about them actually showing the video at home. This will be used in the future, at least once a month. I used this in my 30 minute online Spanish classes, which meet twice a week. The Google slide, then the video, with extension discussion on the artist/video/history, plus the Exit Ticket, filled the full 30 minutes. For the one-hour class, I created breakout rooms on Zoom and had students work in groups to research and present a short informational sheet about one of the topics: Palenque, Lido Pimienta, the leader Cassiana, the dance styles in video, and slavery in Latin countries. This filled an hour and also had an activity to turn in for grading. - Lucina A (4th-8th grades)
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Interpretive Listening
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Get this Afro-latinx - BUNDLE for Afro-Latinx Music 4, Afro-latino del día 3- Song of the day, Afro-latino del día 2- Song of the day & Afro-latino del día - Song of the day
Or for the best deal, purchase the Mis Clases Locas Mega Music Bundle to get these slides plus Afro-latinx - BUNDLE, Hispanic Heritage Month Music Bundle, Music Brackets Bundle, Música miércoles BUNDLE & Baile viernes Bundle.
+ here is a free voting form you may be interested in if you make this into a music bracket
Have difficulty with a file?
You will find the Google Slideshow in a folder on your Drive called TPT purchases.
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. read Música miércoles
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources &inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.