Black Spider Black Spider What do you see?
These Literacy and Math activities will be a great addition to your Halloween themed activities or can also be applied during your themed activities on Insects and Spiders. This unit contains different small group activities and whole group activities and also independent writing centers that will meet many common core standards. Recording Sheets are included so children can show their work and progress!
• Mini Book in color and in black and white: Black Spider, Black Spider What do you see? Can be introduced at the beginning of the week and then used in a small group to read together and color in the pictures.
• What color is the Spider? Children practice identifying and writing color words.
• Color the Spiders Use as an independent writing center or as a small group activity.
• Spider Roll and Write Children practice identifying the beginning sounds of words and
write down the letter.
• Write the Room A recording sheet is provided.
• Spider Alphabet Letters A - Z
• Spider Numbers 1 – 10
• Spider Ten Frame Children use a die to roll and count out plastic spiders on a ten frame.
• Spider Sorting Children sort Spiders by color either plastic spiders or spider buttons.
• Spider, Spider How big is your web? Children use cubes to measure webs.
• Spider Patterns Children color Spider Patterns that include AB, ABC, AAB, and ABB.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy these activities!