Laminate the caterpillar and butterfly tokens for endless possibilities for learning games! Use expo to utilize the caterpillar for various learning objectives or write on them before laminating to have multiple ready made sets :)
- Color matching (spinner from candy land and color pompoms),
- Upper/Lower case letters
- 1:1 correspondence
- Numbers/written number
- Addition/subtraction, multiplication/division
- Use dice, flash cards, color spinners
- Each player receives a caterpillar with various (letters, numbers, color) written on it
- Take turns with a dice, flash card, deck of cards, etc.
- When the player has a corresponding (number, letter, etc.) they may put a marker (pom pom, stone, bean, candy, etc.) on their caterpillar
- Once a player fills up their caterpillar they receive a butterfly
- The game resets
- First player to 3 butterflies wins!
- EXAMPLE with a dice and 1:1 correspondence -
- Write 1-6
- Take turns rolling a dice
- Player receives a butterfly when they have filled up each space of their caterpillar :)
Visit achievingmilestones.org or follow on instagram or facebook for more developmental ideas!