Here is a whole packet of black and white worksheets to help your student practice /b/, /p/, /m/, and /w/ in the initial position of words. No color ink or laminating required!
The activities in this packet involve coloring, cutting, pasting, and tracing.
There are directions printed at the top of each page so that you can easily use these worksheets for homework pages.
In most cases, I included 1-2 versions of each worksheet with words or pictures already provided and a blank copy so that you can choose your own target words.
The activity pages for each sound follow the same format. Here is more detailed look at what you will receive for each of the 4 sounds:
• 4 large flashcards with CV words
• 12 smaller flashcards with more complex words
• Cut and paste page where students add the first letter of CV words
• A syllable connection worksheet where your students connect the initial sound to different vowels (blank copy included)
• A coloring page with 10 pictures that begin with the target sound (blank copy included)
• 2 patterning worksheets with pictures of the target words (blank copy included)
• Cut and Paste activity (blank copy included)
• 2 Roll-a-Dice pages (blank copy included)
• Phrase-level activity where students use pictures to complete a phrase (blank copy included)
• 4 matching pages where students trace or draw a line to connect matching pictures (2 different blank copies included)
That’s 16 flashcards and 20 worksheets for each target sound!
Check out the thumbnail images and preview file for samples of the activity pages.
Please see the final page of this document for graphics credits.
Activity created by Lauren Laur