I started creating blank board games because I wanted teachers to be able to tailor a game to fit any lesson plan.
This particular Blank Board Game has a bonus goal: to give students some fun reading practice experiences.
This set has four different reading card sets with varying difficulty levels - including a set with math word problems - and a set of editable blank cards for your own creative use.
This game set comes with 1 game board design in 6 color variations. The game boards are designed to be printed in color and assembled as file folder games.
This game set comes with 5 playing card sets. All the game cards contain text, rather than numbers, to direct game play.
1. Red borders. Simple sentences containing a pronoun, verb, number, and object. Each card has an image of the object in question, so essentially the student is only reading “I have one,” or “She sees three.” Sight words used: have, has, he, I, saw, see, she, they, we. GAME PLAY: For each turn, draw a card and read the sentence. Identify the number in the sentence, and move forward that many spaces.
2. Yellow borders. Slightly harder sentences, but still fairly simple. Sentences are sight-word heavy and about topics familiar to elementary schoolers.
GAME PLAY: For each turn, draw a card and read the sentence. Identify the number in the sentence, and move forward that many spaces.
3. Light blue borders. Sentences on cards direct game play with directions like “This card lets you go forward three spaces,” or “I’m sorry to do this, but please move your piece backward one space.” There are also cards with multi-player interaction, such as “Pick any player and move his or her piece back one space.” Sight words used: a, and, also, any, back, but, can, could, do, does, everyone, go, good, help, her, here, his, I, I’m, if, is, just, make, may, move, much, no, not, on, only, or, out, please, says, should, that, the,
then, their, this, to, up, want, will, with, would, you your.
GAME PLAY: For each turn, draw a card and read the sentence. Follow the directions given.
4. Green borders. These sentences are math word problems using simple addition and subtraction. GAME PLAY: For each turn, draw a card and read the word problem. Identify the answer and move forward that many spaces.
5. MAKE YOUR OWN - This game set also contains blank, editable flashcards - each design with 5 color variations. You can customize these however you wish!
If you'd like to try Blank Board Games for free, I have a Spring-themed sample
To view all the Blank Board Games in my store, please click here
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star below "Made by Jen Strange" at the top right of the page:
click it to become a follower.
- You will then receive customized email updates about this store, as well as follower messages (with exclusive freebies!)