My students use this blank homework sheet every night for homework. I always assign 15 problems, so the sheet perfectly allows the students to complete the assignment and have every box filled in.
There are many reasons this simple sheet has been so effective:
1. My students understand the expectation that the original problem as well as work should fill each box. No more guessing games about how much to write down for each problem.
2. I am able to make my own answer key and scan it to display on the screen. Students can easily check their answers with mine, in the same order.
3. Students are more organized by using the homework sheet rather than pages in a notebook. No more having one student take 1 page to do homework and another with 3 pages.
4. Students write down the page number and problem number directly on the sheet.
5. HW #___ is available to have students keep track of homework by numbering them. I have 100 homework assignments in Algebra!